Houseboats are a traditional and fun way to experience the beauty of the Murray River - for holiday makers and locals alike.

Houseboats can be moored for up to 48 hours along the Renmark Riverfront mooring sites - allowing equality of access for all.

Council provides permanent mooring facilities in 3 locations, Ral Ral Creek, Lock 5 Marina and Customs House.

How can I get a houseboat mooring?

People wishing to moor houseboats in Council designated areas must obtain a Council Mooring Licence, you can apply for one by completing the Application for Houseboat Mooring form, found on the forms page. This will put you on the waiting list for when a site becomes available.

If you purchase a houseboat from someone who has a mooring already you will need to apply to transfer the licence, this can be done by filling out the Mooring Licence Transfer section in the Application for Houseboat Mooring.

Please be aware that each Mooring Licence Holder has to abide by the conditions of Mooring Licence.

Back to top